Bridget and Caroline are b.f.f's--most of the time. I did overhear them at Miss Debbie's involved in some 3 year old drama. Caroline told Bridget that another girl in their class was now her best friend, so Bridget glommed on to an unsuspecting little Emma and told Caroline that Emma was her best friend now. Bridget sat next to, almost on top of Emma to prove it! Here are Caroline and Bridget playing dress-ups! They are just getting ready to scream and run into another room--that's how they play for hours!
It snowed during Christmas Break! We are so unprepared, but Bridget didn't mind using socks for gloves--she doesn't know any better.
And where there's snow, you will find Asher!
Here's Bridget practicing here solo of "I am a Child of God" the night before our whole family spoke in church.
Here are the kids after church the day we were in charge of sacrament meeting. I was so proud of all of them! Gabe started us out with a talk taken from "The Strength of Youth" handbook. He chose the topic: music and dancing. He said that he likes to listen to his ipod shuffle and break dance, but that he knows he should only listen to uplifting music and go to dances where the spirit can be. He read the whole thing and amazed everyone!
Then Bridget sang "I Am a Child of God" solo. She got right up and started singing before I started playing the piano, so I had to try to catch up to her! Jonah was next, and he spoke on not using bad language. He wanted to give a really long talk:) He looked sharp in his baptism suit. Asher gave a talk on the Sabbath Day, and told a story about a man who chose not to play sports on Sunday. Sydney talked on the importance of good friends. Then I played the piano and the kids sang "If the Savior Stood Beside Me." I practiced that song thousands of times, but I was so nervous I had to yell at myself inside to keep playing to the end. The kids sounded really nice, and Sydney played the viola a cappella before the song, then played while everyone else sang the last verse. After that, Steve and I both spoke, and after church we took a long nap! Way to go Layton kids--thanks for making us look good for once:)
I found dozens of these pictures on my camera. Jonah was trying to make a still photo animation movie with Harry Potter Legos.
Here's Bridget watching a movie with her "girls" named Barbie, Sallie, Chalala, Lunkie, Sleeping Beauty, and . When Gabe goes to school, it's just the two of us in the afternoons.
Gabe with his tats and eye patch after a birthday party at Pirate Island Pizza.
Spring fever in January...Sydney fell asleep in the sun reading a book. Then it got really cold the next week~
Asher has been playing basketball on a city team that Steve coaches. You'll have to talk to Steve about whether that has been a bonding experience or not!
Sydney got to play in an honors orchestra concert at Cox Auditorium.
On MLK Day I took the kids (minus Syd) hiking in Snow Canyon. We were all reminded why we live here that day--it was absolutely perfect!



Here's my little Wolf Den on our field trip to the fire station. The boys were in heaven!
They all got to try on the fireman's backpack, and they all had to pretend it wasn't that heavy. Dramatically on queue at the end of the tour, the firemen got called out to a fire, and we got to watch them drive away.
I have to laugh and shrug my shoulders on this one. My boys are obsessed with Chess. I love it!

No comments:
Post a Comment