
Okay so it ain't Shakespeare....it ain't Austen either...but if you're in the mood to drink hot chocolate (recipe below) by a flickering fire while burning a fragrant Christmas candle (I recommend "cinnamon spruce" from Salt City candles) and read by the light of a twinkling tree...and you don't want to think too much but want to smile instead...I recommend this book. I dare say (written in an English accent) it is a better romance than Twilight (I know I should bite my tongue!) Jolly good read!
Here's my new guilty pleasure:
1/4 C Hershey's cocoa
1/2 C sugar
3 C milk
1 C evaporated milk
1/2 t. vanilla
Heat it up then put it in the blender on the "soups" setting until it is steaming and foamy. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!
8 comments:
Oh, I've heard of this and wondered if it was any good...I can't wait to pick it up(I think Stephenie Meyer is a big fan of the book too), also the other one you mentioned. How fun to see your family. Aren't blogs just the best?! I'll add you to my sidebar if that's okay...
Camille wrote exactly what I was going to say. I wondered if this book was good. I enjoy Shannon Hale and thought it looked like a fun read. I will put that on my list to read in the near future.
p.s. congrats on baby number 5! We are thinking about it...how's it been?
I liked Austenland. It was a really quick read, and pretty fun. I liked the modern day Darcy!
Do you have it? Can I borrow it?
can't wait to try the choc hotlet.
Stealy stealerson from stealerville. That's funny, tell everyone to read the book that I told you to and make the hot chocolate I told you how to make. And your friends actually comment on your blog. Brat!
Wait second...you told me to put hot chocolate in general in the blender, but didn't give me the recipe! (though I did steal it mostly from the hershey's container, though I changed it a bit!). Now if you wrote Austenland you could call me a Stealer!
Post a Comment