What is his name?: Steven Kenneth Layton
How long have you been together?: 13 years
How long did you date?: about 8 months before we were engaged...the first time (long story).
How old is he? 35
Who eats more?: He eats more, quantitatively speaking. I eat more often.
Who is taller: He is, by far!
Who said "I love you" first? I did, oddly enough...Valentines day 14 years ago this week. However, I didn't think it was that serious of a thing to say at the time. I guess to him my saying that meant that we had to get married!
Who can sing better? It's a toss-up! We both would really love to be great singers and like to sing the "Phantom of the Opera" duet together
Who is smarter? depends on the subject. He is much better at math, computers, science, and sports trivia! I am more of the literary type, perhaps more practical, and come off as a know it all sometimes. He is nice enough to let me!
Who does the laundry?almost always me.
Who pays the bills?ME!
Who sleeps on the right side? He does. I like the left because it is closer to the bathroom and has the reading light switch.
Who mows the lawn? He does, or else Jimmy. We don't have our own lawnmower so Steve and Jimmy take turns mowing both lawns.
Who cooks dinner? Steve on Sundays (always tacos), me on Tuesdays, and my wonderful "meal-swap" group on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Who drives? He does. It didn't start out that way, but he acts like I'm going to run every red light and braces himself for me to crash the car when he's in the passenger seat, so I am fine with him driving most of the time.
Who is more stubborn?He would probably say I am, but I think that is also a toss-up. I may be vocally more stubborn, but he is passively stubborn too. If he doesn't want to do something, he won't say anything, but just won't do it!
Who kissed who first? He did--he faked right, faked left, then went in for the peck. We affectionally call it the "fake out make out." After that I told him to never kiss me again. I kissed him the next time!
Who asked who out first? He asked me out. I can't remember where we went first, but I know we went to get shakes at the end and he didn't have any cash so he had to write a check, but he forgot how to write a check since it was his first time since his mission.
Who proposed? He did the first three times, then I did the fourth time (two weeks before we actually got married!)
Who has more friends? I think I have more friends, but maybe some people who don't like me too. Everyone likes Steve!
Who is more sensitive? I am I think. These are hard questions! I think Steve has been hardened by years of my outlandish comments. But he is a sensitive guy.
Who has more siblings? He does--2 brothers and 3 sisters, plus 2 more sisters that died as infants. I have 3 sisters
Who wears the pants? who do you think?
Here is a picture of our country dancing lift move--summer before we were married. I wonder if we could still do this?


engagement photo

11 comments:
Cute Pictures,
Now that's what we remember you looking like. Hope things are going well. Let us know when you are in town. We would love to see you. We may be coming to St. George for Spring Break. We will have to get together if we do.
Janan
wow! holy long red hair batman! lookin' good sista! and where's the long question/survey to accompany your awesome photos?
Seriously Sara-- you could have been 14 in those pics! Steve caught himself a child bride ;) I guess that is about right, because you still just look like a 20-something. Youthful looks have their advantage!
Hi Sara!
Those were the good old days. I loved it when we did the talent show in Lake Powell around this time with Steve as Superman. Hope you guys are doing well (yes, we're fellow blogger now too--
www.leggats.blogspot.com). Hope to see you soon!
You know that title of this post is music to my ears! I would be overcome with guilt if you weren't happily married to Steve. I hate to say "I told you so..."
Wow! That seems so long ago! You both look so young in those pictures. How are things? In case you didn't know, I have a blog too!
http://jennyhildebrand.blogspot.com/
Hopefully we'll see you too!
What fun pictures. You had really long hair back then!! I agree with Anne, where is your survey to go with the pics??!! I think it would be fun to read.
oh cute sarah and steve...happily ever after is right!
Wow! Those are some serious moves! There is no way Nathan and I could do that now...I don't think we could have done that then either ;)
Learned some fun stuff about you guys on the survey. I sleep on the left side for the same reasons :)
hooray for the survey!! thanks! :)
Where is the picture where it looks like Steve has long red hair? Or the one where you both have shadowy bouffant mullets?
Post a Comment