Monday, April 7, 2008
am I going to survive?
or, better yet, is Gabe? He is a full time job....just him....we won't mention my 4 other children, primary calling, teaching job, extra course revision job, housework.....aaaahhhhh!!!! I have been getting up early (5:45 is early for me) every morning because I finally realized that if I EVER want to be alone, I have no choice but to wake up. So, today I got up and started running on my treadmill, and who shows up whining at 6:15? You guessed it. I was hoping to use my morning catching up on grading and reading scriptures. Nice thought. It's 3: 15 now, so I've now had 9 hours of him already, including a trip to Wal-mart and Costco where he took off running, grabbed a tomato and squished it (I had to put it in a bag and pay for it), and still half the day left, including "Family Home Evening" at the baseball field watching Steve play--notice the "Family" (no husband to help) and the "Home" (not at home) and the "Evening" (since it will last until past bedtime) are loosely defined. I figured he would at least take a good nap, but he dosed off for about 15 minutes on the couch and is now just ornery. Help me! I don't want him to grow up too fast, but sometimes I really, really, really don't know how I am going to survive him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You had the same day I did. Brielle was a hand full today. She started with a beautiful picture on my bathroom cupboards with lipstick. She then went downstairs and poured the baking soda all over the kitchen floor and then took her water and made a beautiful paste. Four mops later and Yes we still have paste. She then tried to break my glasses and has been a fun girl all day. Good luck. I wish I had the answer but I am struggling myself. Hope things get better.
Janan
Hmmm, sounds like a little brother I know~not gonna name names or anything, but...
I don't know how you do it (sometimes one is enough for me) but you are doing an amazing!!!
Hope today is a better day
at least you know you are not alone! why do some children require 200% attention yet have to settle for a mere fraction of that? when you answer that let me know, because i would like to know. ;) little boys are something else, that is all i have to say.
Boy, do I know how you feel there, Sara! Some kids are just busy busy busy, aren't they? Take heart, I'm sure a fabulous mom.
I laughed at your "Family Home Evening" breakdown. Last week, Mason had baseball practice on Monday from 6-8 p.m. I optimistically told Michael that I'd just keep the girls up and we'd do it late, after the boys got back. By the time they returned, I was done for the day. Michael was like "I told you this would happen!" I just couldn't do another two minutes of my kids. So, Bad Mommy canceled FHE and sent all to bed.
That is a lot going on for one day . . and I think you are being quite generous to your wonderful husband in your loose definition of Family Home Evening. You're a good good good women, wife, and mom to juggle it all.
Post a Comment