Sunday, May 4, 2008

We made it...

through another Sunday, and luckily Gabe was able to provide some comic relief during fast and testimony to those within a 5 pew radius. He kept picking his nose and as I was as discreetly as possible trying to move his hand away he yells out..."I'm just trying to get something! There's something up there! It's a booger! I'm just trying to get it!!!" Lovely.

Here's a picture of my two boys in a bubble bath. This is their new favorite pastime, and I'm loving it. I overheard them calling it "an ice cream miracle." (so they're a little weird. I'm sure they get it from my side of the family, since it's our little joke that nothing bad, weird, unhealthy, or unathletic comes from Steve's side) Who knows. Anyway, everyday after Kindergarten the two of them bathe for over an hour--they're clean, they're getting along, and they're entertained. I just love the crazy look in Gabe's eyes in all his pictures with Jo! Jonah had his first field day on Friday. What a beautiful day it was outside--it's usually so hot on field day. He explained that he had to be paired with another "short guy" for the three-legged race. He really isn't into the whole competition thing yet.
Here's Bridge reuniting with her "old" friend Lovestory who moved out of the neighborhood.

J and G on the slide--again notice the crazed look on G!









Later that day was the quarterly Primary activity. The whole thing was focused on getting to know President Monson. Here is a picture of our life-sized shoots and ladders game. The kids would roll a big die and then learn something about Pres. Monson on each square they landed on. There was a bridge and a slide and a "log cabin" to represent Pres. Monson's cabin in Provo Canyon. On one square they had to shoot a basket (because he loves basketball) and at the end they had to be able to answer a question about him to get through the Berlin Wall (you know, because he helped get a temple built in the then East Germany). I think the kids enjoyed this for the most part, though we had one really wild group (to put it kindly).



We had a prophet relay. They had to put on a jacket, tie, pants and shoes then dribble the ball down, shoot a basket, then come back and undress for the next kid in line. Steve wasn't happy that I used his church shoes for this!












I didn't get pictures of the other two stations--one was about how he visited widows who made him cakes every year for Christmas (they got to decorate and eat a cupcake), and the other was a Boy Scout obstacle course created by our Bear leader--I heard it was really fun but was in the shoots and ladders room the whole time. They tied knots, raced pinewood derby cars, and I don't know what else, though it sounded creative! Overall I think it was fun, but I'm glad it's over! Then today it was my turn for sharing time, so I'm primaried out. Of course there's always something big coming around the corner. The next thing for me is writing the program, but not today!
This evening I went with Steve to a youth fireside combined with our old ward. I'm glad I went! The speaker was Ranelle Wallace, author of the book "Burning Within." She survived an airplane crash where she died for a while then returned to life. She was very inspiring--I'm going to order her book.
Well, that's it for tonight.






6 comments:

Camille said...

What a great activity! That looks like it was a lot of work, especially with everything else you had going on that week.

Sarah said...

cute plan for an activity. I might have to pass it on to Angie. I love how your boys hang out in the tub every day. I put Janie in the tub next to me while I shower and get ready (keeping a close eye on her, of course). It is a good way for me to get my own beauty stuff done while she plays in bubbles.

Becca said...

Wow, such a clever activity--I bet the kids had a great time. Do you think I could use that for the stake relief society? :)

annebabe said...

love gabe's eyes when he is with jonah, too funny! and what would a sunday be without the gabe entertainment committee? glad your activity went well, sounds awesome! good to see you at DP's the other night, we should go there together some time. :0)

farmgirl said...

Cute activity--Gosh,it doesn't seem like that long ago we were doing those together. Maybe because it really wasn't that long ago:) Miss ya.

jen said...

Your activity looks like it was a lot of fun. What a great idea!! It must be nice to have clean boys all the time! That is cute that Jonah and Gabe play in the tub so well.