Sunday, July 27, 2008

happy birthday, happy birthday..whew!

We made it through our 4th and 5th summer birthdays this week. Good thing we don't have another birthday until November. It's hard to gear up for birthday after birthday after birthday. But, we had a fun week. Sydney was allowed to invite 12 girls to her 12th birthday party. They swam, listened to music outside(I'm not sure how the Potters felt about that!), ate pizza and treats, opened presents and ate cake, then watched "College Roadtrip" outside on our wall while, again, eating treats. So these pictures are backwards. Here they are watching the movie... Here are a few extra birthday guests....



Sydney's requested cake--chocolate with whip cream and Oreos.




Birthday gifts




Classic picture of the birthday girl's laugh

Oh...I should include some baby pictures here...I'll have to do that later. Sydney graduated from Primary today and was asked to give her favorite article of faith. She chose the 10th, because it's the hardest and she was able to show off by saying "paridisiacal" without a hitch. What will I do without her answering all the questions in sharing time? She was so excited to go to Young Women's today--I told her about how the Young Women always get pampered and spoiled in church. True to my word, Syd brought home a jar of candy, two zingers, a froofy handout, and a plaque on a tile tied with funky pink and brown ribbon. Happy Birthday my "little" girl (who just measured 5'31/2''at her 12-year-old check up!). I love you!
Steve also had his birthday two days later. We didn't take any pictures of it---typical! He came home from work a little early and we had strawberry shortcake and opened presents at home. Then we met a bunch of friends at Don Pedro's for Mexican food and then we all went to the Batman movie. Good times (good but disturbing movie!). I love you too, babe!
As for other family news, Bridget took her first steps on Monday (July 21). During FHE we decided to try to teach her to walk. As soon as she learned to take one step, something clicked for her and she's been trying on her own ever since. Still no teeth!
Two weeks--actually 16 days left before "the most wonderful time of the year." Not that I'm counting down or anything. The first thing I'm going to do when school starts is deep clean this sticky, scroungy, unorganized house! I can't wait!!!




3 comments:

farmgirl said...

After a few days of summer-house-detox we should have a mom back to school party. I am soo ready.

Sarah said...

Madelin said that the party was FANTASTIC. Can you believe how old these girls are???? You were pretty much dealing with YW and a baby's first steps, all at the same time. Quite the spread.

annebabe said...

happy birthday syd!! i can't believe how grown-up she is. i know she has been chomping at the bit to be out of primary and into young womens for quite some time now. and thanks for letting us par-tay with the laytons for steve-o's big day.