Monday, December 15, 2008

The Piano

Sydney and Asher have been taking piano lessons since the beginning of the school year, and their teacher kindly convinced me that they really needed a decent piano (especially Syd--the one we have is fine for learning on). I didn't plan to buy one that was this decent. I checked craigslist.com everyday for used pianos, and this one seemed too good to be true. Patrice, our piano teacher, came with me to check it out and she said it was well worth the money the lady was asking--she had gotten divorced and this was sitting at her ex-husband's home and she needed some quick cash. I felt so sorry for her--she cried and cried as the movers took it away, but she said she felt better knowing it was going to a family with children who love music. Now it takes up my whole front room, but I love it. As long as my kids actually play it, it will be well worth it. Merry Christmas to us! And here we are that night making our traditional Christmas tree ice cream cones for the elves.





3 comments:

jen said...

Whoa! I get on your blog and you have like 20 new posts! You have been super busy. Your new piano is beautiful. I am so glad you guys found one. You will absolutely love it.

Holly said...

Wow...I'm loving the piano!

Eden said...

I can't wait to come practice "Choose the Right" and "Come follow me" on your piano (You know--the MOST advanced pieces of music)