Sunday, August 19, 2007

First Week of School!!!:-)






















We finally made it through summer, and school has begun--hooray for me!

Sydney left first on Wednesday morning. Her school begins at 7:45, but she must have woken up at 5:00 a.m. to get ready--she was so excited. It turns out that her school was all she had dreamed of. She loves having orchestra and P.E. every day and being able to change classrooms every 45 minutes. She couldn't find any of her friends at lunch, but sat by some kids she knew from her old, old school--Coral Cliffs. I can't believe she's old enough to go to that school, but if anyone can succeed there it's Syd.






School was old news for Asher who has just begun third grade. When he got to class, he was disappointed to see that his best friend had transferred to another class. He will have the "opportunity" to meet new friends in class this year, but he will see his other friends at recess. He likes his teacher and is comitted to earning the "Jimmy Johns" reading award party at the end of the year.














Asher gave up riding his bike for a day to show Jonah the ropes at the bus stop.










Jonah had a Kindergarten orientation on Wednesday, but his first official day of school was Thursday. Unlike Asher, Jonah knows about have of the kids in his class already. He had no problems at all going to Kindergarten, and only wishes it were longer. He did say that he hasn't learned anything--"it's just like preschool!" Maybe they'll start teaching Latin and Calculus next week for him.

Here is classic Gabe. He felt that it should be his first day of school too, and this is what he chose to wear--no shoes, no shirt, but at least he has Bridget's newborn binkie and a backback. He waited with the kids at the bus stop and I had to have my neighbor watch him while I ran home and got my van and let him "drive" home. Otherwise I would have had to carry him and Bridget home myself. What a stinker!

At church today Gabe kept singing, as loud as he could, "scooby doo--where are you? We got to find you!" We sat behind the Griffins who have two deacon-age boys who were busting up laughing. Then, wouldn't you know it, our relief society lesson was on reverence, and the teacher was saying we should not have children wandering the aisles, going to the bathroom, etc. during sacrament meeting. On cue, Gabe shows up with his nursery leader at the classroom door with a stinky diaper and says "Hi Mom!" We had to walk down to the deacon's classroom to get Steve who had the keys to the van, and when we opened the door the boys said "Hey, there's our mascot! Scooby scooby doo, where are you?"


Well, if you're wondering what Bridget looks like right at this moment, here it is, and, yes, she's crying. She seems to want to grow up as fast as possible, and therefore eats all the time--all day and all night. She changes every day, and when I weighed her yesterday (by the weigh-myself/weigh myself-holding her/subtract the two method) she was almost 9 pounds. Good thing we are all head-over-heels in love with her!








4 comments:

stace said...

I planned the showing up at the perfect moment with the stinky kid. The instructor asked me to help her out. Oh, and I am just happy to not have Jackson freaking out in sacarament meeting. If that means he wanders a little or talks a little, so be it. I have bigger battles to fight!

annebabe said...

hey, love the back to school pics of the kids. and that is total sydney, waking up early and getting ready. is it hard to remember she is only 11? it is for me because she is so wise and mature. not all the time maybe, of course, you see her good and bad days. but overall, she is so on the ball. don't tell her i told you, but she is my favorite in primary. anyway, and classic gabe with the binky and backpack. love it. :)

El Scorcho said...

I want more pics of Steve. Your kids are cute and everything but where is the big fella?
What's happening in his life?

Sarah said...

Did you notice I took off at the beginning of the reverence RS lesson? I just knew that Janie would crank out at the most inopportune moment. How quickly people forget how the idea of reverence and the reality of reverence are very far removed . . Personally, I would have enjoyed the Gabe entrance; sorry I missed it!