Sunday, January 6, 2008

Christmas 2007

For those of you that did not recieve this lovely Christmas card in the mail, don't be offended--nobody did! I ordered these through Wal-mart's one-hour photo and meant to get them addressed and out the next day (Dec. 22). The day after Christmas I looked on my desk and noticed they were still sitting there. So, what do you think, can I still send them out next year? Do you think we will have changed much in a year? What do I do with 40 cards like this? I love how Steve's head is cut off, and his legs look like they have been cut off too! That's how fast Christmas came and went for me this year--I can't believe it's over! A few days before Christmas we went to Las Vegas with the Lamoreaux's to see the BYU football game. We also met our friend Jeremy and his son Connor at the game. It was so much fun shopping with Robyn (and Bob of course!). The game was great...it ended right...and we loved the "in and out" burgers and shakes on the way home that late night. By the time church was over the next day, after getting home at 1:30 a.m. that morning and getting up early for ward council, then wrapping teacher gifts and preparing for primary, I was ready to collapse. I also was not feeling well at all, and had been going on ibuprofen and diet coke for two days!

On Christmas Eve we went to Slemboski's this year for our third annual Slemboski/Layton program. This year Steve and Jimmy decided not to do the gay narration of the nativity, and we had the kids just tell about it with pictures instead. We had just done the nativity in Primary the day before, and didn't feel like getting all the costumes out again! We read Christmas stories and played chimes, ate pizza and and sang Christmas carols. Afterwards, Shenandoah the elf left P.J.s for all the kids--this year on the back porch. Here are the kids in their pajamas. We didn't take many pictures, but we do have a lot of video this year.
I can't believe I didn't take any pictures Christmas morning! We captured it on the video camera instead. As usual, the kids broke through the wrapping paper that covered the entrance to the living room. Sydney's big gift was a wave board and speakers for her mp3 player. Asher got a portable DVD player and a basketball. Jonah got a castle and transformers, and Gabe got a scooter. They also got clothes, and the whole family got "guitar hero" for the wii which was a big hit! It's so funny hearing Gabe and Jonah singing "Hit me with your best shot" around the house! Grandma Jones came over that afternoon and we had Christmas dinner at our house this year. She also got the kids some presents--what a sweet great-grandma!


How sad--this is the only picture I took of just Bridgie on her first Christmas. Here she is in her new outfit playing with Asher's basketball.



Who's missing? Why is it impossible to get all five in a picture at once?


After a full day of playing with toys, the kids put on their new movie "Meet the Robinsons" and they all fell fast asleep on the couch (including Steve!).



Another Christmas gone, how sad!





No comments: