Sunday, January 6, 2008

Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam?--Really?

Does that song really apply to Gabe? Today was his first day as a sunbeam and he managed to ruin my first sharing time of the new year by running up to the front of the room twice to yell in the microphone, hanging upside down on his chair, and causing everyone to laugh in any way he could. Our relief society president said that she thinks I should have the executive right as primary pres. to hold him back in nursery--in truth that is where he would rather be. I don't know how this is going to work! We were all laughing sacrament meeting today. McKenna H. (six years old) bore her testimony then walked past us down the aisle on her way back to her seat. As she passed Gabe said out loud "WHOA.....what's her name." He sounded like he was a true ladies man trying to pick up on a hot babe. The people in front of us were laughing too--we're always good for a laugh in sacrament meeting! Yesterday was our primary "meet the teacher" breakfast. We had pancakes and eggs (we were allowed to splurge on eggs) and milk and played games. I'm glad it's over, but it was fine. I'm looking forward to this new year--for me it officially starts tomorrow since it's the first full week of the year. We are starting our meal exchange group tomorrow and I am so excited to have dinner delivered to my door tomorrow night! I have already bought the stuff for my night--Tuesday. I think this will be a great way to have a balanced meal and set mealtimes each day, with less mess and more time for other things (at least when it's not my day!). It seems like a great way to start the new year.

Like every year I have lots of New Year's resolutions. Maybe if I publish them here I will be more likely to accomplish them.

Goal #1: Budget. We are back on our cash-only budget, but I think it's going to work this time! We have a definite goal in mind--to pay off our van by the end of the year, if not before. I will have to keep my dingy carpet until then, as incentive. As soon as the van is paid off, we will work on remodeling our kitchen, family room.

Goal #2: organize my whole house by the end of the year. This "sink reflections" thing is really working for me, and by the end of the year I hope to have organized all the "zones" in my house and gotten rid of a lot of the junk that does not bless my home.

That's enough--let's face it--I spend most of my life frustrated that I can't get anything done ever, and that all my time is wasted doing the same mundane jobs over and over again. It goes without saying that I want to lose some weight, but oh well, there's nothing I can do while nursing a baby. I think I better stop writing now. This is my fifth posting tonight and I need to get Gabe in bed. Maybe I should just try to be positive and content this year? Maybe just let everything go and not worry about goals? That's not in my nature, so I'll just live in a perpetual state of frustration--how about that?

I've got to go now!!!!

5 comments:

jen said...

Holy cow you have been blogging like crazy!!!

The first few months of sunbeams is always hard. Hopefully, Gabe will settle down soon. He is just too cute!! Also, if you have any advice for de-cluttering, let me know. That is one of my New Year's Resolutions too.

Camille said...

Wow! That's a lot of work to get all that blogged. Really fun to read. Primary Pres huh? Me too. Last week was my second week. Can you say CRAZY???!!! I could use some pointers. Our pancake breakfast is this Sat....any words of wisdom for me?
Totally send out the cards-either this year or next :)
I started the 13th Tale tonight. Good so far. I haven't been able to get my hands on Austenland yet...soon hopefully.

Sarah said...

I'm pretty impressed with your goals; they're not for the faint of heart. As for your jr. primary, it could not have been any worse than ours last Sunday. Uggh. I hope our's can't get any worse; I had a killer headache when I walked out the door at 4pm that didn't end until I went to bed. If that is what I can look forward to each Sunday, I might just go inactive . . .

andrea said...

Gabe is maybe the funniest human being that ever lived.

stace said...

i can totally hear you saying that. too funny!!