Sunday, January 6, 2008

Tribute to Gaby--Happy Birthday!

I am so far behind on updating this blog. In the past month we celebrated Gaby's third birthday. I can't believe he is that old already, and I am so glad he has made it this far. I remember when he was born--I thought he looked huge but he was only 6 lbs. 5 oz. with a lot of dark curly hair. He was our Christmas present that year--our very first year ever staying at our own home for Christmas.

Gaby was only 7 weeks old when the trouble began--he got RSV and was hospitalized for 4 days. He was so tiny and all the nurses and therapists thought he was so small and adorable.

We had to postpone his blessing for him to get out of the hospital. Here he is shortly after his blessing.

Here is Gabe at about 6 months






He has always been a messy boy! Here he is eating chocolate pudding--happy as can be!




He was a bumblebee for his first Halloween







Here he is on his first birthday






and his first Chirstmas. He was the baby Jesus in our annual nativity program with the Slemboskis.





His middle name is "trouble." This was taken when I found him in the dryer. Love that curly hair--I hope it comes back some day!










Being kissed by his cousin Ruby











For his second Halloween he was Yoda.












Typical Layton family photo--Gabe's second birthday.









For his birthday this year he invited Ollie, Gwen, Claire, and Jake for an impromptu party. We tried to play organized games but they all ended up on the trampoline wrestling the whole time.










Very weird picture of Gabe and Gwen--the girl he says he's going to marry.

















Gaby's other girlfriend, Claire.






Happy Birthday buddy! I love your animated personality and am awed (and frazzled) by your independence. Even before you were born, when your name came to me in a dream, I knew you would be special, and you certainly are! Thanks for keeping life interesting! I love you my little boy!














No comments: