Monday, September 17, 2007

If you run out of things to pray for...

Okay, no, I'm not caught up on grading, but I couldn't resist. Yesterday in Jonah's primary class they talked about prayer and learned that when we pray we should start by thanking Heavenly Father, then asking for the things we need. Jonah drew a house for what he was thankful for, but the "I ask thee" column is a bit less conventional. When I asked him what he was asking for, he said "that I won't have to ride a bull." How many of us neglect to ask for this blessing each day? And yet, as Jonah's drawing aptly points out, look at what could happen at any moment if we were forced to ride a bull. Notice the person being flung off the bull in the top of the drawing. The bull rider may be smiling now, but does he see his certain doom? Look at the poor souls below the bull being trampled! I think Jonah's insight has taught us all a great lesson...

3 comments:

stace said...

mechanical bull or live?

also, his bull looks like a rocking horse...I think there is even deeper meaning to this than at first glance.

Sarah said...

Jonah is wise beyond his years. I will remember his earnest petitions when I am on my knees tonight . . . (giggling). I think the Lord might answer more of my prayers if I start asking for stuff like that.

jen said...

That is soo funny. Based on that picture, I should pray I never have to ride a bull!