Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Lists of 8--as requested!


8 things I am passionate about
Steve
Sydney
Asher
Jonah
Gabriel
Bridget
The Gospel
Harry Potter

8 things I want to do before I die
Tour Europe
Get fake fingernails
Dye my hair blonde
Scuba dive in Australia
Live in a foreign country and learn to speak the language fluently
See my children graduate from college, get married in the temple, and have grandchildren
Get really good at tennis
Be in a play or musical

8 things I say often
Be nice, Syd
Ash, Ash, Ash, Ash…are you listening? Ash!
Why are you crying now, Jonah?
Get down Gabe!!!
Bridgie, Baby, I’m in misery… (sung to the tune from Grease…Sandy, baby…)
Not tonight, honey (ha ha!)
I have so much to do!
Will life ever be normal?

8 books I have read recently
Stolen Lives
Wild Swan (and there is quite a story behind this! It was recommended to me by a reliable source and it turned out to be what I would consider soft porn at about page 300—no indication of it in the first 300 pages! I didn’t finish it!)
Vanity Fair (still working on it in between other books!)
Twilight and New Moon (still waiting for a copy of Eclipse)
Harry Potter 5, 6, 7
Book of Bright Ideas
(I guess this is more than 8)

8 songs I could listen to over and over
Pictures of You by the Cure
How soon is now by the Smiths
Yeah! by Usher (but not when Sydney’s around!)
The Sheryl Crow song that is in the movie “Cars” as sung by Gabe
Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson
Yellow by Cold Play
High School Musical soundtrack (I do toning exercises to it every other day…maybe not because I want to listen to it over and over again, but because it’s in the CD player and I’m too lazy to change it!)
The religious song that I don't know the title of, but it says "My shephard will supply my needs, Jehova is his name... and later...no more a stranger or a guest, but like a child at home" My dad would know the title. Beautiful music!

8 things that attract me to a friend
Someone with a sense of humor
Someone who likes to talk about ideas, not other people
Someone who is more than skin deep
Someone not afraid of embarrassing themselves, or admitting they’re not perfect
Someone with good advice, who doesn’t preach it!
Someone with talents they are willing to share
Someone who likes good books and movies
Someone with a positive AND realistic outlook on life

8 things I have learned in the past year
5 is MUCH more than 4 when it comes to children!
Having all your friends go on a road trip without you hurts! (Because I have such fun, wonderful friends!)
Having a child who struggles in school and gets picked on by his friends huuuuurrrrtssss….unbearably bad!
Time passes too quickly!
Baby girls are fun to dress up, but I prefer bridget in onesies and jammies for cuddling purposes.
Babies are easier to take care of than pre-teens!
Never sign up to help with PTA!
Something’s gotta give!

8 random things about me
See my “100 things about me” entry

8 other people (besides the usual bloggers) I think should do the 8
My mom!
Steve’s mom
Steve
Katie
Rachel
Natalie S. (but she won’t, she doesn’t believe in reading blogs so she’ll never see this!)
Jen D.
Lisa C.

8 comments:

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

Hmmmm....we like some of the same music!!!pictures of you was my favorite in High school. I really missed you on our trip you would have added to the spice of things, plus you have the CRAZIEST stories. I love them and always count on your humor, you totally make my qualification list for a friend.

janan grange said...

Sara,
We received the birth announcement. Mother of Five!!! How's it going? What a cute little girl. I am amazed at how different your kids look. We are trying to just survive with a 5th grader and all the dance and sports.
It was nice to hear from you. Send me your email address and I will send you our blog (which isn't done as much as I would Like)

Janan

annebabe said...

hey, you posted the 8's!! it was really fun to read them all, and loved the scanned in photo of you. you don't look very different. i have eclipse if you want to borrow it. . .

Sarah said...

I think you are too too cute in that picture. So you wanna go blonde someday, huh? Double dare you . . .

jen said...

I really wish you could have come on our girls trip. Love the picture of you. And, I know what you mean about having a child who is sometimes made fun of. It really stinks!! So fun to read your 8s.

andrea said...

sara--your list had me laughing outloud...I would love to see a blond sara!

And holy cow--that picture of you looks so much like Jonah!

Katie said...

What? You don't want to hear about Emily's 8's? I guess I could blog that though. I'll try sometime after I get sharing time figured out.

saramarilee said...

janan,
my email address is sara.layton@mail.riosalado.edu. If I don't hear from you I'll call Kent for your email address so I can see your blog!