Sunday, June 8, 2008

To my middle child--HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO JO!

Jonah celebrated his 6th birthday this week. It's hard to believe he is that old already. He told me it was the best day of his life. He got to open his present from Grandma Kathleen (and "Grandpa Kathleen" too!:0) in the morning--a lego star wars set--perfect for Jo! He had already opened his Zoob building set from G-ma and G-pa Mimi so he was in heaven just hanging out and building stuff all morning. We went to McDonalds for lunch and then got ready for the big bowling party that afternoon.

Here are some "serious" shots of Jonah taken by Staci. He laughs when he sees these but I can tell he loves them!
Here he is only a few weeks old. The day Jonah was born I remember I had a doctor's appt. that morning so I got up early and took Asher to Target on a hot, hot, hot Phoenix morning. I remember carrying Asher into the store and buying some gifts for his birthday and Father's Day. Then I went to my appointment and the doctor said I needed to go straight to the hospital. I had Asher with me still and Steve was at work in Scottsdale, so I took Ash home, called a friend to take him and pick up Sydney from her summer program, and then tried to talk myself into holding off on having him until the next day--I was scheduled to be induced on June 6 and my mom was flying in that evening so I wanted to wait! But, of course, Jonah, the sometimes impatient, slightly neurotic boy he is had other plans! The hospital called me and told me to get over there ASAP and asked if they should send an ambulence! I got there and Steve showed up too. Since I was the first patient to have a VBAC at that hospital in a few years they made my doctor stay with me the whole time. Dr. McKernan was our high councilman in our ward and knew Steve pretty well, so we all sat around watching Oprah until he was born at about 5:00 pm. Of all my child-birthing experiences, Jonah's was the easiest. We were surprised to see his dark hair and eyes--what a little cutie!



Here he is on his first birthday at Water World in Phoenix.



I add this picture in because if it didn't have a date on it I would not be able to tell if it is Jonah or Gabe!




Jonah's first day of school with Miss Debbie





At the bowling alley with Syd





I gave up trying to get all 8 kids he invited in one picture! We had a fun time at the bowling alley--a lot of Kung Fu going on though! I had scheduled an hour and a half for bowling and opening gifts. It ended up taking the 12 bowlers almost two hours to finish one game, and we had to take the unopened presents home. But, again, it was worth it for the "greatest birthday party ever"!








Gabe actually bowled a few spares! But Jake S. was the overall winner with a score of 104--not too shabby!








And to continue my tribute to my middle child, who sometimes gets overlooked, here are the pictures from his Kindergarten graduation.











with his buddies Dallin and Dillon









with his pesky twin little brother and favorite baby girl









with his sweet teacher, Mrs. Clayton














congratulations little Jo!












and, of course, with his T-ball uniform, wearing his hat so that his ears stick out. Happy Birthday my six-year-old boy! I love you!













3 comments:

Katie said...

What a cute stinker. I can't believe he's already 6! Ellie's b-day is on Sunday and she'll be 6 too, of course. When did they get so big?

jen said...

Cute, cute Jonah! I love the serious pictures of him. He always makes me laugh. Happy Birthday!

Eden said...

The question is--did he get a safe for his birthday like he dreamed? And, I think I was at that 1st birthday at Waterworld with Eden (remember she was so much FUN!!??) We love you Jonah!